Seven areas with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity are in Brampton
Several areas in Brampton are among those with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates (percentage of positive COVID-19 tests in the area) in Ontario, according to recent data from Toronto-based research group ICES.
ICES listed postal codes in Ontario with the highest percent positivity rates for the week of February 21 to 27.
Of the top 50 listed, seven are in Brampton:
L6P at 10.16% (area of The Gore and Castlemore)
7th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (5th highest during previous week)
L6S at 10.04% (area of Williams Pkwy and Bramalea Rd)
8th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (44th during previous week)
L6R at 8.36% (area of Sandalwood Pkwy E and Torbram)
18th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (24th highest during previous week)
L6T at 7.50% (area of Highway 407 and Airport Rd)
21st highest percent positivity area in Ontario (35th during previous week)
L6Y at 7.44% (area of Chinguacousy and Steeles Ave W)
24th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (16th during previous week)
L7A at 6.97% (area of Sandalwood Pkwy W and Chinguacousy)
31st highest percent positivity area in Ontario (27th during previous week)
L6Z at 6.14% (area of Kennedy and Sandalwood Pkwy E)
41st highest percent positivity area in Ontario (not listed during previous week)
"For all Ontario residents, the overall percent positivity among those tested for COVID-19 during the week of February 21 was 2.5% (versus 2.7% the previous week)," ICES reported. "The percent positivity was lower among persons living in long-term care homes (0.3%), compared to those not living in long-term care (2.5%)."
For at least four weeks in a row, Peel has remained the region with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity out of all of Ontario's public health units.
The full data is available to read here.
- Eight Brampton areas still have Ontario's highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- Seven Brampton postal codes have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
- This area in Mississauga has almost 20% COVID-19 positivity, 4th highest in Ontario
- Two Mississauga neighbourhoods among those with highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- Six areas in Mississauga have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
- 100% of recent Mississauga and Brampton COVID patients not fully vaccinated
- Police investigating "reports of possible gunshots" in Brampton
- Mississauga grandfather plans to share big lotto win with his children
- House fire in Brampton leads to police diverting traffic
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising