Select Residents Eligible for Free Snow Clearing in Mississauga
We know, we know—you’re not thinking about snow right now.
To be fair, neither are we.
But even though we all know we have several weeks of great weather left to look forward to (despite yesterday’s rain and cool temps, this week is gearing up to be a pleasant one), we also know that winter is coming and that some residents will need help with snow clearance.
For that reason, residents might be happy to hear that the City of Mississauga is now accepting applications for its Driveway Windrow Snow Clearing Program.
For those who are unaware, a windrow is a pile of snow left at the end of a driveway after a snow plow has cleared a road.
The program is open to residents who are 65 or older, or persons with physical disabilities.
Eligible residents have until 9:00 p.m. on November 9, 2018 to apply for the 2018-2019 season.
What else should eligible residents know about the program?
The program runs from November 26, 2018 to March 29, 2019
- Windrow snow clearing will be completed up to 36 hours after the end of a snow storm
- A space will be cleared in the windrow (about three metres or 10 feet wide) that allows one car to get in and out of the driveway
- The program is $200 for eligible residents and free for applicants who meet financial assistance criteria
- Applications are received on a first-come, first-serve basis to a maximum of 300 participants
- Only one person, per address can apply
“This program gives eligible residents the opportunity to receive assistance with clearing space in their windrows when heavy snowfall hits this winter,” said Mickey Frost, Director, Works Operations and Maintenance. “We encourage them to apply as early as possible to secure their spot in the program.”
To apply for the program, eligible residents can print and complete an online application form at mississauga.ca/windrow or pick up a form at any community centre, the Central Library’s Recreation Customer Service Centre or the Mississauga Seniors’ Centre.
For more info, click here.
Cover photo courtesy of @idris.yyz
- Some Residents Can Apply for City’s Driveway Windrow Snow Clearing Program
- Some Residents Eligible for Free Snow Clearing in Mississauga
- Some Residents Can Get Help with Snow Clearing in Mississauga
- Some Residents Eligible for Financial Assistance Programs in Mississauga
- Some Mississauga residents eligible for financial assistance with transit and home maintenance
- House of the Week: Magnificent $8.8 Mil Mansion with Luxurious Indoor Pool
- Police looking for missing 13 year old girl in Mississauga
- House of the Week: $3.6 mil mansion that backs onto Rattray Marsh
- Mississauga man celebrating Poker Lotto win
- Mississauga’s Most Notorious Murder Case - Peter Demeter