Select Residents Can Use Transit for Free in Mississauga Soon
Some residents are about to get a special break on transit fare in Mississauga.
The City of Mississauga recently announced that Canadian Armed Forces veterans can take a free ride on MiWay on Saturday, August 18 to attend the Warriors' Day Parade at the Canadian National Exhibition (CNE).
Veterans are also free to bring one friend on board with them (the other passenger's ride will also be complimentary).
“We are so honoured to offer the brave men and women who have served in the Canadian Armed Forces to be our special guest aboard MiWay to attend the Warriors' Day Parade - the longest-running annual parade of its type," said Geoff Marinoff, Director, Transit.
Veterans heading to the CNE for the parade simply need to identify themselves to a transit operator by wearing their uniform or showing a medal or an item such as a beret indicating that they are a veteran.
The Warriors’ Day Parade is an annual tradition that began in 1921.
This year's parade commemorates the 100th Anniversary of the end of the First World War and the 70th Anniversary of the first ever UN Peacekeeping Mission.
For more information about the Warriors' Day Parade, click here.
Cover photo courtesy of the City of Mississauga
- Former Mississauga Mayoral Candidate Charged with Hate-Motivated Crime
- Massive New Food Delivery Service Has Arrived in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Mississauga Candidate Gets into Heated Argument with Voters over Signs
- More Police Officers are Coming to Mississauga's Streets
- Exciting Nuit Blanche-Type Festival Coming to Mississauga For First Time Ever
- Some Residents Can Ride MiWay for Free Soon
- Veterans Ride MiWay for Free on Remembrance Day in Mississauga
- Christmas Market Coming to Mississauga at the Expense of the Santa Claus Parade
- Streetsville Christmas Market and Santa Claus Parade Happening this Weekend in Mississauga
- Some Residents Eligible for Free Transit and Recreation Passes in Mississauga