Select Residents Can Use Transit for Free in Mississauga Soon
Some residents are about to get a special break on transit fare in Mississauga.
The City of Mississauga recently announced that Canadian Armed Forces veterans can take a free ride on MiWay on Saturday, August 18 to attend the Warriors' Day Parade at the Canadian National Exhibition (CNE).
Veterans are also free to bring one friend on board with them (the other passenger's ride will also be complimentary).
“We are so honoured to offer the brave men and women who have served in the Canadian Armed Forces to be our special guest aboard MiWay to attend the Warriors' Day Parade - the longest-running annual parade of its type," said Geoff Marinoff, Director, Transit.
Veterans heading to the CNE for the parade simply need to identify themselves to a transit operator by wearing their uniform or showing a medal or an item such as a beret indicating that they are a veteran.
The Warriors’ Day Parade is an annual tradition that began in 1921.
This year's parade commemorates the 100th Anniversary of the end of the First World War and the 70th Anniversary of the first ever UN Peacekeeping Mission.
For more information about the Warriors' Day Parade, click here.
Cover photo courtesy of the City of Mississauga
- Top 5 Chicken on the Rocks in Mississauga
- Some university students in Mississauga are dating older partners to pay off debt
- Vehicle leaves scene after striking pedestrian in Mississauga
- Long-awaited store finally opens in Streetsville
- Three OPP officers charged following allegations of preferential treatment for GTA tow operators