Second employee at Canada Post's Streetsville office in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
A second case of COVID-19 has been reported at Canada Post’s Streetsville office, located at 224 Queen Street South.
Canada Post says it learned on Friday, September 18 that an employee tested positive for the virus.
The employee’s last day of work was Wednesday, September 16.
The post office was closed on Wednesday for a full sanitization, and all employees who were working there have since been at home in isolation, according to Canada Post.
The office reopened Thursday with employees brought in from other locations.
“We are putting safety first and we have been in contact with Peel Public Health and are following their direction and guidance,” Canada Post said.
“We will continue to evaluate the situation, work with public health officials and our local joint health and safety committee and keep our employees and the public informed.”
Canada Post says it was notified about the first employee to test positive for COVID-19 at this office on Wednesday, September 16. That employee’s last day of work was Friday, September 11.
- Canada Post worker at Mississauga facility tests positive for COVID-19
- Eight employees test positive for COVID-19 at Canada Post facility in Mississauga
- Two Mississauga-based Canada Post employees test positive for COVID-19
- Employee at McDonald’s in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Employee at Dollarama location in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Police say body of what appears to be missing teen from Bradford, Ont., found
- Police investigating reports of woman being forced into vehicle in Mississauga
- Police searching for suspects following break and enter in Mississauga
- Doug Ford suggests that restrictions on Mississauga could be eased after the 28-day rollback ends
- Police looking for 13 year old last seen in Mississauga