Second employee at Canada Post's Streetsville office in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
A second case of COVID-19 has been reported at Canada Post’s Streetsville office, located at 224 Queen Street South.
Canada Post says it learned on Friday, September 18 that an employee tested positive for the virus.
The employee’s last day of work was Wednesday, September 16.
The post office was closed on Wednesday for a full sanitization, and all employees who were working there have since been at home in isolation, according to Canada Post.
The office reopened Thursday with employees brought in from other locations.
“We are putting safety first and we have been in contact with Peel Public Health and are following their direction and guidance,” Canada Post said.
“We will continue to evaluate the situation, work with public health officials and our local joint health and safety committee and keep our employees and the public informed.”
Canada Post says it was notified about the first employee to test positive for COVID-19 at this office on Wednesday, September 16. That employee’s last day of work was Friday, September 11.
- Canada Post worker at Mississauga facility tests positive for COVID-19
- Eight employees test positive for COVID-19 at Canada Post facility in Mississauga
- Two Mississauga-based Canada Post employees test positive for COVID-19
- All employees must now be tested at Canada Post facility in Mississauga as COVID-19 outbreak grows
- BREAKING: Canada Post employee dies of COVID-19 following massive outbreak at Mississauga Gateway facility
- Looks like Mississauga and Brampton will be moving into grey lockdown zone on March 9
- Man delivering food in Mississauga robbed: Peel Police
- Change coming to waste collection in Mississauga this month
- Oakville man caught speeding twice in 11 minutes
- A west coast burger joint just opened in Mississauga