Schools in hold and secure due to gun sightings in Mississauga
Several schools are in hold and secure due to a possible weapon sighting in Mississauga.
Peel police are investigating a report involving two suspects who were allegedly seen with handguns in the Battleford and Edenwood area.
A call regarding the incident came in at 12:04 p.m.
Police say Meadowvale SS, Edenwood PS and St. John of the Cross are in hold and secure.
Tactical and K9 units are checking the area.
Residents are asked to avoid the area.
Police say two suspects are in custody. No injuries have been reported.
The hold and secures have been lifted.
- Four Schools Put Under Hold and Secure After Weapon Reported in Mississauga
- Mississauga Schools Placed in Hold and Secure Following Fight
- Two Mississauga Schools Under Hold and Secure After Man Spotted with Weapon
- Three schools in hold and secure following bank robbery in Mississauga
- At Least Four Schools Under Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- More parkland is coming to one of Mississauga’s busiest neighbourhoods
- Peel District School Board says parents have 10 days to decide whether or not to send their children back to class
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Peel
- Two suspects sought after carjacking in Mississauga
- Province says two-way, all-day service in the works for GO Train line that runs through Mississauga