Schools in hold and secure due to gun sightings in Mississauga
Several schools are in hold and secure due to a possible weapon sighting in Mississauga.
Peel police are investigating a report involving two suspects who were allegedly seen with handguns in the Battleford and Edenwood area.
A call regarding the incident came in at 12:04 p.m.
Police say Meadowvale SS, Edenwood PS and St. John of the Cross are in hold and secure.
Tactical and K9 units are checking the area.
Residents are asked to avoid the area.
Police say two suspects are in custody. No injuries have been reported.
The hold and secures have been lifted.
- The Truth Behind the Mysterious Koliba Park in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: First responders salute hospital workers in Mississauga
- House of the Week: $3 mil Lorne Park home with beautiful interior
- Waste service changes coming to Mississauga amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Close to 2,000 COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, with over 100 cases confirmed in Mississauga
- Four Schools Put Under Hold and Secure After Weapon Reported in Mississauga
- Mississauga Schools Placed in Hold and Secure Following Fight
- Two Mississauga Schools Under Hold and Secure After Man Spotted with Weapon
- Three schools in hold and secure following bank robbery in Mississauga
- At Least Four Schools Under Hold and Secure in Mississauga