Brampton, Ryerson team up for expo aimed at entrepreneurs to learn, network
The inaugural, two-day, virtual Venture Expo is being hosted by Ryerson Venture Zone in August.
The event is aimed at startup founders or anyone exploring taking the leap into entrepreneurship.
Organizers have brought together what they consider engaging and top-notch content for startup founders, early-stage investors, corporate executives, and local job-seekers to highlight the exciting activity happening within the Brampton Innovation District.
Participants will learn about the resources available to them, network with other like-minded entrepreneurs, and learn whether entrepreneurship is the right fit.
Another component of the event is a talent expo which will bring together job seekers with startups in the Brampton community hiring people for sales, marketing, developers, customer experience and customer support, and finance.
Some of the featured sessions will include:
- Why Brampton? Why Now? A panel all about Brampton Innovation, featuring Mayor Patrick Brown
- Raising Capital and Pitching to Investors with Danielle Graham, ArchAngels
- Market Research with Raj Manocha, Methodify
- Building Your Personal Brand with Swish Goswami and 6ix Buzz
- Drop-in Networking and Talent Expo
Ryerson Venture Zone, a joint partnership between the City of Brampton and Ryerson University, is a non-equity and not-for-profit incubator that is dedicated to building and growing early stage, high-potential technology startups in Brampton.
It enables connections among aspiring entrepreneurs, current founders, experts, funders, and customers to in an environment that fosters a mindset of growth.
Located within the burgeoning Brampton Innovation District, RVZ nurtures local entrepreneurs who help drive the Brampton economy and create impactful solutions for businesses and people in Canada and beyond.
For more information or to register, visit the website.
- Brampton calling on international entrepreneurs for BHive initiative
- Brampton, Ryerson University continue to collaborate on future medical school
- Tech startups can apply for funding and get in front of industry partners with this opportunity
- Brampton commits $1 million to help plan future Ryerson medical school
- Brampton, U of Guelph-Humber will work to create campus in city
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- PICK A SIDE: When should masks no longer be mandatory in Ontario?
- Special weather statement: Heavy rainfall in Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton
- Popular breakfast and lunch restaurant opening new location in Mississauga
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising