Several road widening projects proposed in Brampton, improvements for Mississauga in 2023
Published January 10, 2023 at 4:10 pm
Improvements and widening projects are proposed for several roads in Brampton and Mississauga in the 2023 budget.
Several roads Brampton are proposed to expand from two lanes to four or more lanes in the 2023 Region of Peel budget. There are also some upgrades to Mississauga roads but Brampton has the largest share of changes.
In total, $502.1 million is set aside for growth-related projects including road widening, intersection improvements and active transportation infrastructure.
Here are some of the roadway projects proposed in the 2023 budget:
Brampton and Caledon:
- Dixie Road from Queen Street to Bovaird Drive will go from four lanes to six lanes at a cost of over $4 million.
- Dixie Road from Countryside Drive to Mayfield Road will expand from two to four lanes, and from two kilometres north of Mayfield Road will expand from two to five lanes at a cost of over $9 million.
- Mayfield Road from Airport Road to The Gore Road in Caledon and Brampton will go from two to five lanes, and two to four lanes from Squire Ellis Drive to Mayfield Road at a cost of $13.2 million.
- Mayfield Road from Hurontario Street to Chinguacousy Road will expand from two to six lanes at a cost of $5.6 million.
- Steeles Avenue from Mississauga Road to Winston Churchill Boulevard will go from four to six lanes at a cost of nearly $16 million.
- Mississauga Road from Financial Drive to 33 metres south of Bovaird Drive will go from four to six lanes at a cost of $1.3 million.
- Bovaird Drive from Mississauga Road to 1.5 km west of Heritage Road will expand from two to four lanes at a cost of over $4 million.
- Courtney Park and Hwy. 410 interchange will get improvements at a cost of over $3 million.
- Airport Road from King Street to Huntsmill Drive in Caledon will get improvements at a cost of $2.4 million.
- Cawthra Road from Eastgate Parkway to Queen Elizabeth Way will get corridor and intersection improvements at a cost of $5 million.
- Dixie Road and Aimco Boulevard will get westbound right and left turn lanes at a cost of $861,000.
The proposed budget will bring a tax hike of 2.8 per cent for property owners in Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon.
See the full proposed transportation budget report here.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising