Road shut down after gas line struck in Mississauga
A road is partially closed due to a gas line incident in Mississauga.
Peel police say Cawthra Road has been shut down in both directions from Atwater Dr to Lakeshore Rd. E. due to construction crews striking a gas line.
Police are on scene assisting with traffic.
Residents are asked to avoid the area.
A call regarding the incident came in around 10:30 am.
Police say this will be a “lengthy closure,” anticipated to last three-to-four hours. Police say the line that was struck is part of a supply line to the area.
Mississauga Fire and Emergency Services is also on scene.
Pedestrians are drivers are reminded to avoid the area.
- HBC sues landlord of Square One, Yorkdale claiming failure to run ‘first class’ malls
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – October 27
- Ontario player wins Saturday’s $14.2 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – October 27