Road shut down after gas line struck in Mississauga
A road is partially closed due to a gas line incident in Mississauga.
Peel police say Cawthra Road has been shut down in both directions from Atwater Dr to Lakeshore Rd. E. due to construction crews striking a gas line.
Police are on scene assisting with traffic.
Residents are asked to avoid the area.
A call regarding the incident came in around 10:30 am.
Police say this will be a “lengthy closure,” anticipated to last three-to-four hours. Police say the line that was struck is part of a supply line to the area.
Mississauga Fire and Emergency Services is also on scene.
Pedestrians are drivers are reminded to avoid the area.
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Mississauga and Brampton students will be learning from home for the foreseeable future
- House of the Week: $6.5 mil home with wine cellar and outdoor kitchen
- Massive $50 million mansion in Mississauga is being used to film Amazon's "The Boys"
- Still no answer from feds as eight more flights and 67 rows affected by COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga