Road shut down after gas line struck in Mississauga
A road is partially closed due to a gas line incident in Mississauga.
Peel police say Cawthra Road has been shut down in both directions from Atwater Dr to Lakeshore Rd. E. due to construction crews striking a gas line.
Police are on scene assisting with traffic.
Residents are asked to avoid the area.
A call regarding the incident came in around 10:30 am.
Police say this will be a “lengthy closure,” anticipated to last three-to-four hours. Police say the line that was struck is part of a supply line to the area.
Mississauga Fire and Emergency Services is also on scene.
Pedestrians are drivers are reminded to avoid the area.
- Employee of Metro in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Three employees at Mississauga grocery store test positive for COVID-19
- Peel Regional Police assisting OPP with investigation into shooting in Mississauga
- OPINION: Here's what I experienced at The Credit Valley Hospital drive-thru COVID-19 assessment centre in Mississauga
- Mississauga restaurant ordered to pay $40,000 to sexual harassment victim