Residential driveways being targeted for vehicle thefts in Mississauga: Police
Peel police are notifying the public about a string of vehicle thefts in which residential driveways in Mississauga are being targeted.
Police say they’re investigating ongoing thefts of Lexus RX and Toyota Highlander models, and have investigated over 80 stolen vehicle incidents since October.
“Suspects are attending residential driveways, where they use a device to obtain software from the vehicle,” said police.
“The suspects then leave the area where they reprogram a key fob with the acquired software information and return shortly after, stealing the car. When they leave the area, it is in tandem with the vehicle in which they arrived.”
The thefts occur anytime between 12:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m.
Police are asking the public, especially those who own the mentioned models, to pay attention to suspicious activity and use preventative measures such as the use of motion sensor lights, video surveillance, alarm systems, and a steering wheel locking device.
“Where possible, park your Lexus or Toyota in front of the second vehicle on the driveway,” police have advised.
Anyone with information or dashcam video related to these thefts is asked to call investigators at 905-453-2121, ext. 1133.
- Police Warning Public About String of Dangerous Vehicle Part Thefts in Mississauga
- Police Warning Residents to Watch Out for Car Thefts in Mississauga
- Peel police warning public about increase in high-end vehicle thefts
- Police Investigating Vehicle Thefts at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Police Investigating Thefts from Multiple Cemeteries in Mississauga
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Sikh, Hindu dispute over Indian politics boils over in Brampton
- The Cake Boss is coming to Canada with a brand new location in Mississauga
- Wayne Gretzky remembers his father, Walter, as man with ‘a heart of gold’ at funeral
- Loopholes still allow international travellers to "collect your luggage and leave" at Pearson Airport in Mississauga