Residential builders donate personal protective equipment to Mississauga school
A Mississauga school just received a sizeable donation of personal protective equipment (PPE).
Last week, the Residential Construction Council of Ontario (RESCON) announced plans to donate PPE to four community groups and local charities in Ontario—including to the Muslim Association of Canada's Olive Grove School in Mississauga.
"RESCON members build the houses and condos where Ontarians create community and communities," said RESCON president Richard Lyall in a statement.
"COVID-19 impacts all Ontarians and it is very meaningful for us to give back to community groups.”
Representatives of RESCON joined Labour, Training and Skills Development Minister Monte McNaughton and Mississauga East-Cooksville MPP Kaleed Rasheed at an event at Olive Grove School to make the donation.
RESCON says it’s donating a total of $40,000 in value of PPE to the Muslim Association of Canada, St. Clare's Multifaith Housing Society, United Jewish Appeal and Edvance.
RESCON said it's hoping that other organizations in Ontario will also donate PPE to schools, community groups and charities, adding that the group choose to donate to schools because they are "essential places of learning and growth for children."
"The Muslim Association of Canada has been working closely with the province of Ontario and Minister Monte McNaughton to ensure students and staff in our independent schools are safe during these difficult times through many advanced protective measures," said Olive Grove School principal Abdullatif Babak in a statement.
"We are very grateful to RESCON for their leadership in the community and this significant donation to our school."
- Mississauga School Nabs Huge Donation
- Ontario helping manufacturers ramp up production of personal protective equipment
- Ontario government reveals back to school plan
- Muslim community puts $5 million towards the redevelopment of a Mississauga hospital
- Peel District School Board Concerned About New Private School Lobbying Group
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Sikh, Hindu dispute over Indian politics boils over in Brampton
- The Cake Boss is coming to Canada with a brand new location in Mississauga
- Loopholes still allow international travellers to "collect your luggage and leave" at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Wayne Gretzky remembers his father, Walter, as man with ‘a heart of gold’ at funeral