Region Issues Safety Advice Due to Heavy Rainfall in Mississauga
Published May 5, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Peel Region has issued a safety advisory due to the heavy rainfall expected this weekend in Mississauga.
For safety and to reduce potential damage, the region advises the following:
- Avoid walking or driving in flooded areas
- Stay away from creeks, rivers and streams
- Clear debris from catch basins near your home or business, as long as it is safe to do so
- Call your local municipality at 311 to report blocked catch basins or road flooding in your neighbourhood
- Do not open any sewer manholes under any circumstances
“In the unlikely event that a resident or businesses experience flooding inside their property they should call the Region at 905-791-7800,” says Anthony Parente, Director of Wastewater. “Our crews are also ready to respond to issues in anticipation of flooding and/or sewer backups,” he added.
Regional departments and programs will continue to monitor the situation.
For information about flooding, click here.
Stay safe out there, Mississauga!