Recreation programs in Ajax from Pickleball to public swimming back on as facilities re-open
Published February 2, 2022 at 4:52 pm
With the Province re-opening indoor recreation facilities, programs from public swimming to drop-in pickleball to boxing are back on in the Town of Ajax.
While staff and patrons will continue to take every precaution necessary to ensure the safety of everyone, indoor facilities – closed since the latest restrictions were enacted December 16 – re-opened to the public Monday, January 31.
Some of the re-opening highlights include:
- Indoor pools at the Ajax and McLean Community Centres and the Audley Recreation Centre open for public and lane swims.
- Indoor skating available at the Ajax Community Centre for ice user groups and public skate.
- Fitness and Health Centre at the McLean Community Centre open to members.
- Group fitness available at Ajax and McLean Community Centres and the Audley Recreation Centre.
- Squash at the Ajax Community Centre available (court reservation required).
- Drop-in activities including basketball, pickleball, badminton, Friday Night Fun Centres and Clubs, youth spaces and group fitness (including aqua fitness) resume on a first-come, first-served basis. Visit ca/activeajaxfor schedules.
- Francis Centre for Community, Arts and Culture launches 2022 in-person performances in late February.
- Facility bookings available at 50 per cent capacity with restrictions in place.
- The Ajax Boxing Club and Ajax Rock Oasis will be offering pre-arranged programs at the Ajax Community Centre. Contact the organizations directly for program related inquiries.
Town Hall and Operations Centre are open by appointment. Residents and businesses can book appointments with Town staff with the online booking system at ajax.ca/appointments.
The following safety measures remain in effect:
- Proof of vaccination is required to enter TOA recreation facilities for patrons 12 years and older. Visit ca/programsfor more information.
- Masks must be worn in all Town facilities unless actively participating in a sport/class or exercising at a workout station, provided physical distancing is maintained.
- Active health screening of patrons is required.
To learn more about what services are offered at each facility, visit ajax.ca/Covid.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising advertising