Recall ordered for Miss Vickie's potato chips
Small pieces of glass that could be in the bag has prompted a recall of Miss Vickie's potato chips.
There has been one reported injury associated with the consumption of the product.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency has issued the recall which was triggered by the company. The recall applies to the kettle cooked chips which come in a variety of flavours.
"Miss Vickie’s Canada is recalling certain Miss Vickie’s brand Kettle Cooked Potato Chips from the marketplace due to possible presence of pieces of glass," reads a statement from the federal agency. "Consumers should not consume and retailers, restaurants, and institutions should not sell or use the recalled products described below."
If you bought the chips they should be thrown out or returned to the location where they were purchased.
Miss Vickie's are sold throughout Ontario and can also be purchased online.
- Miss Vickie’s chips recalled in Eastern Canada were also shipped west
- Potato Chips Recalled Due to Salmonella
- Ice cream products recalled due to possible presence of metal pieces
- Meat product recall at FreshCo and Sobeys grocery stores
- Recall issued for President's Choice Cranberry Goat's Milk Cheese
- Rental prices falling as the year winds to a close in Mississauga
- Popular cafe closing down for good in Mississauga
- Police investigating robbery at gunpoint in Mississauga
- Today’s data shows Peel Region has returned to having the highest new COVID-19 cases in Ontario
- Almost all illegal guns coming into Mississauga and Brampton are from the U.S.