Rainfall Warning Continues in Mississauga
A rainfall warning issued by Environment Canada remains in effect for Mississauga, Brampton, and the surrounding Greater Toronto Area.
“Rain, at times heavy, continues,” reads the warning.
“The ground, already near saturation, has little ability to absorb further rainfall.”
Totals of 50 mm to 90 mm of rain are expected through Saturday.
Rain is predicted to taper to showers on Saturday night.
Here are rainfall totals as of 6 a.m.:
- Hamilton Airport: 44.0 mm
- Downtown Toronto: 28.3 mm
- Vineland: 28.5 mm
- C.F.B. Borden: 14.5 mm
- Cobourg: 32.2 mm
Localized flooding in low-lying areas is possible.
If visibility is reduced while driving, Peel Police are advising to turn on your lights, slow down, and leave space.
Avoid driving through water on roads — even shallow, fast-moving water across a road can sweep a vehicle or a person away.
- Three Teens Arrested Following Hate-Motivated Crime in Mississauga
- Mississauga Politician Rescinds Award for Community Leader Who Expressed Discriminatory Views
- 5 Places Outside of Mississauga to Road Trip To
- Top 5 Fresh Fish Seafood Markets in Mississauga
- “Montreal-Style” Bagels Comes to Mississauga