Public funeral service for Ejaz Choudry being held in Mississauga
A funeral for Ejaz Choudry is being held this afternoon (June 24) in Mississauga.
The memorial is being held at Paul Coffey Park in Malton, the National Council of Canadian Muslims, the Urban Alliance on Race Relations, the Muslim Council of Peel, will all be joining the Choudry family.
Choudry was killed on Saturday, June 20, when he was experiencing a mental health crisis that Peel Regional Police responded to.
After a standoff that lasted more than three hours, Choudry was shot by one of the responding officers.
Speakers at the service will include imams, members of Choudry’s family, and community leaders who are continuing to demand justice for Choudry.
The service is open to the public and those who wish to attend are advised to arrive by 6:15—the event is scheduled to start at 6:45.
- Peel Regional Police Chief addresses shooting death of Ejaz Choudry
- Peel Regional Police Chief to hold town hall meetings in wake of police-involved shooting of man in crisis in Mississauga
- Supporters remain at Mississauga intersection to protest police killing
- Peel police officer refusing to be interviewed by SIU following shooting death of Mississauga man in crisis
- Demonstration continues in Mississauga over police shooting death of man
- Pilot for new CBS medical drama spotted filming recently in Mississauga
- Stay-at-home order lifts today in Mississauga and Brampton
- Injuries reported after fight with baseball bat and vehicle ramming in Mississauga
- Sikh, Hindu dispute over Indian politics boils over in Brampton
- The Cake Boss is coming to Canada with a brand new location in Mississauga