Province ships Brampton-made ventilators to India
As India battles an explosive record-setting cases of COVID-19, the government of Ontario and in particular a local Brampton company are coming to its aid.
Ontario is sending 3,000 ventilators manufactured by O-Two Medical Technologies in Brampton to New Delhi.
The world’s second most populous nation has been hammered by the pandemic, with COVID-19 infections surging past 21 million and already more than 230,168 deaths according to health ministry data.
In a single day, India has reported a record 412,262 new COVID-19 cases and a record daily death toll of 3,980 deaths.
“Very proud to see (O-Two Medical) #Made in Brampton ventilators going to help fight #COVID-19 in India,” Brown tweeted out. “Brampton has a growing medical technology sector.
“This is a good example of that sector.”
The donated e700 Transport ventilators are being sent to the Indian Red Cross in response to a request from the South Asian country.
O-Two Medical Technologies produces state-of-the-art products for the provision of Emergency Respiratory Care and Inhalation Analgesia. The company has been around since 1971 and exports products to over 60 countries and possesses more than 40 patents worldwide.
O-TWO MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIES PHOTO
- Ontario sends 3,000 Brampton-made ventilators to India
- New ventilators promised in days as industrial response to COVID-19 kicks in
- FreshCo and Chalo! FreschCo Brampton donating to India for Covid relief
- COVID variant from India already spreading in Brampton, sources say
- Brampton billboards thank India's prime minister for sending vaccines to Canada
- House of the week: $4.5 mil Mississauga Road home with gorgeous outdoor features
- VIDEO: Fire destroys Mississauga Road mansion
- Thirteen tickets won a massive lottery prize in Ontario but no jackpot
- VIDEO: Geese causing major traffic jam at intersection in Brampton by Costco
- Ontario ticket holder wins Saturday’s $9.4 million Lotto 649 jackpot