Province says 269 new COVID-19 cases in Peel Region today
The provincial government is reporting 269 new cases of COVID-19 in Peel Region today (Nov. 5), and an increase of almost 1,000 cases across Ontario.
These latest figures are a result of nearly 35,800 tests completed since the last daily update, an increase of 7,200 from the previous report.
The total number of new cases in Ontario stands at 998 with 13 more deaths related to the virus.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says there are 350 new cases in Toronto and 71 in York Region.
Elliot says 948 cases were reported as resolved since the last daily report.
Ontario is reporting 381 patients in hospital due to COVID-19, 86 in intensive care, and 48 on a ventilator.
The Province says there were 68 new cases in publicly funded schools - 37 of those were among students, seven in staff, and 24 unspecified.
- with files from The Canadian Press
- Ontario reporting 827 new cases of COVID-19 today, 169 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 834 new cases of COVID-19, 186 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 1,003 new COVID-19 cases today, 280 new cases in Peel
- Ontario reports 841 new COVID-19 cases today, 162 new cases in Peel
- Peel Region reports 561 new cases of COVID-19 today, Ontario over 3,000 mark
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Costco scam targeting residents in Mississauga and Brampton
- Another 7 flights with 38 rows affected land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Mississauga's 5 ugliest buildings
- Motorcyclist hospitalized after colliding with vehicle in Mississauga