Province reporting 1,848 new COVID-19 cases, 43 deaths
The province is reporting 1,848 new cases of COVID-19 today (Sunday, January 31) and 43 deaths linked to the virus.
Locally, there are 726 new cases in Toronto, 306 in Peel, 168 in York Region, 49 in Hamilton, and 47 in Halton.
Toronto is reporting approximately 300 additional cases due to a data catch-up, says Health Minister Christine Elliott.
Since yesterday, 2,313 more cases are resolved and nearly 49,400 additional tests completed.
As of 8:00 p.m. yesterday, 339,644 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Ontario.
Today’s full case data is now available on the province’s website.
Photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Another 7 flights with 38 rows affected land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Peel orders closure of three businesses, one Bakery, in Mississauga
- Mississauga residents can book vaccination at Doses After Dark
- VIDEO: All lanes blocked on Hwy 401 due to multiple vehicles pile up in Mississauga