Pregnant Woman and Child Critically Injured in Mississauga Crash
A pregnant woman and a child have sustained critical injuries in a crash that occurred on the eastbound 403 in Mississauga.
OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt said the collision only involved one vehicle and occurred when the car went into a ditch and up the embankment before striking a concrete pillar.
The collision happened shortly after 11:30 a.m. this morning.
An Ornge air ambulance was dispatched to the scene and the eastbound off-ramp at Mavis Rd. was subsequently closed.
In a video posted to Twitter, Schmidt said that the male driver was taken to local hospital with non-life threatening injuries. The pregnant passenger and the child, a six-year-old boy, have been airlifted to a Toronto trauma centre.
The unborn baby is reportedly doing well.
There are no updates on the six-year-old’s condition.
OPP reconstruction and crime unit officers are currently investigating the circumstances of the collision.
It is unclear what caused the collision, as the roads were clear at the time of the incident.
Traffic on the eastbound 403 remains slow, with significantly heavier than usual traffic on the Hurontario off-ramp. You might want to choose an alternate route if you are in a hurry.
Police are asking any witnesses to call the OPP detachment in Port Credit at 905-278-6131
Photo courtesy of the OPP
This story has been updated from its original version
- Boy Dies of Injuries From Hwy. 403 Crash in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Aftermath of QEW Crash that Critically Injured 12-Year-Old Boy
- OPP Provide Update Into Major Highway 401 Collision Including Four-Year-Old Girl
- Hamilton woman charged after 5-year-old suffered "life-threatening" injuries in a collision
- VIDEO: One Dead After Crash Closes Part of 403 in Mississauga
- Mississauga man murdered at Wasaga Beach, Brampton man one of two charged
- Brampton reveals photo radar locations
- VIDEO: Aftermath of multi-vehicle crash involving Mississauga Transit bus sends four to hospital
- Oakville driver stabbed in face, Mississauga man now charged
- Doner kebab chain opens Mississauga location