Power Outage Affecting Traffic Lights Around Pearson Airport in Mississauga
An outage is currently causing traffic issues in Mississauga.
Shortly after 11:00 p.m., police reported that a power outage is in effect in the area surrounding Pearson Airport.
According to Alectra Utilities, 382 homes and businesses in the area are affected.
Numerous traffic lights in the area are also without power.
It is unknown when power will be restored.
In the meantime, drivers are asked to treat affected intersections as all-way stops or follow instructions from the officer directing traffic.
UPDATE: Power has been restored, all traffic lights should be functioning shortly.
- More parkland is coming to one of Mississauga’s busiest neighbourhoods
- Peel District School Board says parents have 10 days to decide whether or not to send their children back to class
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Peel
- Many Canadians concerned about returning to their office
- Province says two-way, all-day service in the works for GO Train line that runs through Mississauga