Popular Mississauga festival going virtual this year
Canada's largest South Asian festival is going virtual this year.
Due to the pandemic, this year's iteration of #BollywoodMonster Mashup will be held virtually streaming on Facebook Live.
The two-day event, presented by TD--The Ready Commitment and produced by MonstrARTity, will feature live dance performances from a myriad of stars, as well as a question and answer period with Facebook Live viewers.
Starting on Friday, July 24, Sunny Leone will take the stage with special dance performances, while critically acclaimed Bollywood composer and singer Arjuna Harjai will perform a selection of hit Bollywood songs.
Then, on July 25, the Meet Bros, consisting of Harmeet and Manmeet Singh, and Khushboo Grewal will put on a performance you won’t want to miss.
Additionally, Friday's show will feature performances by exceptional Canadian artists including Giggle Queens, N2 The Band, Team NRITYA, The MAD Band Project, Reign Yash Dance Academy, and Nick Pandya ft. Vedik Vibez; while Saturday's show will feature performances from BollyHeelsTO, #BollywoodMonster Orchestra ft. Frog in Hand Productions, Melissa Marie Dance, The R&B United Band, Reign Yash Dance Academy, and Devin Ramoutar.
Both events will be hosted by former Miss India-Canada Worldwide Uppekha Jain.
“While the gears have shifted and we have adapted to hosting the festival online this year, it hasn’t stopped us from making sure this year’s #StayHome with #BollywoodMonster Mashup is our biggest and most memorable to date," Vikas Kohli, executive director of MonstrARTity, said in a news release.
“We’re so thrilled to reveal to our fans our outstanding lineup that features Canadian artists as well as international Bollywood stars. We’ve even got entertainment for our younger audiences, as from July 20-23 at 11 am we’re hosting the #BollywoodMonster Kidz Hour, presented by Tim Hortons, with fun workshops on Facebook Live for kids of all ages," he continued.
Cover photo courtesy of Team NRITYA via Instagram
- Huge Two-Day Festival Coming to Celebration Square in Mississauga
- Major Food, Music, Comedy and Entertainment Festival Coming to Celebration Square in Mississauga
- 5 Best Canadian musical performances streaming live
- Largest South Asian Festival in Canada Returns to Peel Region This Summer
- Bollywood hits Mississauga
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Here’s what Mississauga residents can and cannot do under grey lockdown restrictions
- Loopholes still allow international travellers to "collect your luggage and leave" at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Mississauga and Brampton to enter the grey/lockdown zone of the province’s COVID-19 framework
- Four areas in Mississauga with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario