Popular Jamaican Restaurant Opens New Location in Mississauga
It's always exciting to see a popular independent restaurant spread its wings and take on even more of the city.
Reggae Fusion, a family-owned Jamaican resto that opened on Britannia in 2015, quickly gained popularity for its mom-and-pop charm and unique menu of Jamaican fusion dishes (better known as reggae-style cooking). It also appealed to diners' wild side by offering a nice selection of spirits, wine, cocktails and Jamaica’s favourite - Red Stripe beer.
Now, restaurant operators are celebrating the grand opening of the growing brand's newest location in the Winston Churchill and The Collegeway area.
The doors to the new resto officially opened on March 28 and the restaurateurs brought fusion cuisine fans to the yard with the promise of red snapper sushi (an usual offering—but a nice touch—for a Caribbean joint).
The opening also boasted "awesome giveaways, real reggae vibes and great food."
The resto's menu offers a mix of traditional Jamaican cuisine and Jamaican fusion dishes, all made from scratch — including the sauces and spice blends. Some classics that diners can partake in when they're in the mood for something a little spicy? Oxtail, jerk chicken, curried chicken roti, stewed beef and more.
Some of the the fusion dishes that generated some buzz at the original location include reggae chicken (boneless chicken breast crusted with Corn Flakes and stuffed with vegetables in Jamaica’s colours - red bell peppers, greens and sweet corn), jerk chicken pasta (jerk chicken and pasta in a homemade alfredo sauce), vegetable rundown (mix of vegetables cooked in a coconut sauce) and more.
The new resto offers both dine-in and takeout services.
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- BREAKING: Mississauga and Brampton to enter the grey/lockdown zone of the province’s COVID-19 framework
- Here’s what Mississauga residents can and cannot do under grey lockdown restrictions
- Loopholes still allow international travellers to "collect your luggage and leave" at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Here’s where restaurants in Mississauga do their shopping – Mississauga’s Largest Cash and Carry