Popular Canadian Chain Launches One-of-a-Kind Burrito in Mississauga
If you love burritos, but don't like meat or are vegetarian or vegan and have trouble finding a meatless option then we have some good news for you.
A popular Canadian chain has launched a one-of-a-kind burrito.
According to a press release, Quesada Burritos & Tacos has partnered with Beyond Meat - a plant-based foodservice company, to introduce a new menu item dubbed the 'Beyond Meat Burrito'.
“More of our customers are identifying as flexitarians and requesting plant-based options so we’re thrilled to be Canada’s first Mexican chain to offer the Beyond Meat Burrito,” Steve Gill, Founder and Chief Recipe Officer, Quesada Burritos & Tacos, said in the release. “Beyond Meat’s Feisty Crumbles perfectly replace animal protein with plant protein that’s juicy and satisfying to anyone - no matter their dietary preferences.”
This new burrito was available across the country at nearly 120 restaurants as of Feb. 27, 2019, and is made with gluten-free and soy-free pea protein, and a mix of Mexican flavours along with the spicy heat of Habanero pepper. The burrito can be customized with guacamole, Mexican salsas, and more.
Have you tried this new burrito yet?
Click here to find the closest Quesada Burritos & Tacos location near you.
Cover photo is courtesy of the Quesada Burritos & Tacos Facebook page.
- Mississauga, Brampton services will be affected by new federal holiday in September
- Dog dragged by car rescued in Mississauga by 'kind-hearted residents,' driver was allegedly impaired
- More Canadians say worst of COVID-19 yet to come as the Delta variant spreads: poll
- Peel Police on scene in Mississauga after cyclist struck by car
- Trio robs Brampton convenience store, police say