Popular Cafe Goes Fully Vegan in Mississauga
While everyone needs food to live, having plenty of it has allowed us to customize our diets and treat food not just as sustenance, but as a lifestyle choice.
And since Mississauga has an abundance of restaurants, it makes sense that some long-standing hotspots might choose to evolve to suit the needs of hungry members of the community. Now, it looks like vegans will no longer have to be choosy about what they order at Studio.89.
Studio.89, a cafe and community hub, recently took to social media to remind customers that it is now 100 per cent vegan.
According to the cafe, Studio 89 is a non profit community hub and fair trade cafe providing a safe, free space for events, workshops and resources. They encourage arts and culture, activism, empowerment, and conscious consumerism with a specific focus on youth leadership, employment, and volunteerism. The goal is to aim for benefits to humans, animals, and the planet (in fact, the cafe has always emphasized that its products are bird-friendly).
The venue has hosted events such as documentary nights, game nights (for those of you who are into board games) and other workshops for people who are passionate about some social justice issue or into self learning.
As far as vegan consumables go, the cafe serves coffee, grilled sandwiches, sandwiches (pulled mushroom), tahini falafel bowls, jerk cauliflower wraps, cupcakes, cookies, mini loaves and more.
Will you be trying some vegan pastries at Studio.89 soon?
Editor’s Note: This article has been updated to reflect Studio.89’s new vegan menu items
- Ontario reports over 450 new COVID-19 cases, 200 cases confirmed in Mississauga
- Nearly 10 per cent of restaurants have had to close permanently due to COVID-19
- Ontario extends business closures amid COVID-19 crisis
- Mississauga to temporarily lay off about 2,000 employees due to COVID-19 pandemic
- BREAKING: Mississauga resident dies of COVID-19
- Popular Community Hub and Cafe Seeking New Home in Mississauga
- A Popular Mississauga Cafe Will Stay Open Due to Substantial Donation
- A Very Popular Mississauga Cafe Needs $50,000 to Stay Open
- Unique Mississauga Restaurant and Cafe Asks Residents to Help Keep it Alive
- Is a Board Game Cafe Coming to Mississauga?