Popular Baby Product Recalled for Being a Fire Hazard
A popular product for babies has been recalled due to the fact that it's a potential fire hazard.
Health Canada recently announced that Mattel is recalling some models of the Fisher-Price Soothing Motions Seat.
Manufactured by Imperial Manufactory Limited, the Soothing Motions Seat bounces, sways, or bounces and sways together. The seat also has calming vibrations, plays sounds and has an overhead mobile.
The Soothing Motions Seat is A/C powered using an adaptor that is included with the product.
The model numbers (located on the underside of the base) you should look for are the following:
Model Number UPC
CMR35 887961 16362 9
CMR36 887961 16343 8
CMR37 887961 16348 3
According to the Health Canada, the seat motor housing may overheat, posing a fire hazard.
As of October 17, 2017, the company has received two reports of product overheating in Canada, and no reports of injuries. In the United States, the company has received 34 reports of product overheating, and no reports of injuries.
Approximately 2,000 units of the affected products were sold in Canada and approximately 63,000 units were sold in the United States.
The recalled products were sold from November 2016 to October 2017 at various retailers in Canada and from November 2015 to October 2017 in the United States.
If you have this product in your home, you should stop using it and contact Mattel for instructions on how to obtain a refund. You can contact Mattel toll free at 1-800-432-5437.
- Mississauga Uber Driver Arrested After Two Sexual Assault Incidents
- 5 “Haunted” Conspiracy Theories That Exist In Mississauga
- UPDATE on CLOSURE: Popular Japanese/Korean Restaurant in Mississauga Closed for Health Violations
- Police Chasing Rogue Swan in Mississauga
- Top 5 Under the Radar Fish & Chip Joints in Mississauga
- Health Canada Recalls More Than 5000 Child Strollers from Mississauga-Based Manufacturer
- Popular Ikea Product Recalled Following Multiple Deaths
- Dangerous Glitter iPhone Cases Being Recalled
- Beef Product Sold at Mississauga Restaurant Recalled Due to Potentially Dangerous Bacteria
- Chicken Product Recalled Due to Potential Contamination in Mississauga