Popular and Longstanding Coffee Shop Suddenly Shuts Down in Mississauga
Coffee, tea and gourmet latte lovers who regularly frequent a spacious and longstanding cafe were recently surprised to see the windows papered over and a sign referring them to the brand's other locations.
A seemingly high-traffic Starbucks location, located in the Mavis and Eglinton area in the No Frills and Sam Woo plaza, has shuttered its doors for good.
The closure has come as a surprise to local patrons, as the location seemed to be a good one for the popular brand that boasts well over a dozen locations throughout the city. In fact, the last time a relatively well-known Starbucks location closed, it was quickly overtaken by the expanding Apricot Tree in the Sherwood Forrest plaza.
Starbucks is also expanding in the city, having recently opened in Erin Mills Town Centre and the Loblaws on Glen Erin Drive (which means that, if you factor in the Indigo, the brand operates three locations very close together in the Erin Mills area).
But while some patrons might be sad to lose this convenient location, they can take comfort in the fact that Starbucks itself isn't going anywhere in Mississauga.
- Brand new Starbucks location opening in Mississauga
- Popular Cafe Opens New Location in Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Popular Coffee Shop Suddenly Closes in Mississauga
- Two more major Starbucks locations close down in Mississauga
- Two Starbucks locations in Mississauga are temporarily closed
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot
- Roadway shut down after pedestrian struck by vehicle, seriously injured in Mississauga
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- 49 fines issued for travellers refusing COVID-19 test at Mississauga's Pearson Airport; Peel police won't issue further fines
- House of the Week: $2.2 mil Sheridan home with stunning backyard