Popular and Longstanding Coffee Shop Suddenly Shuts Down in Mississauga
Coffee, tea and gourmet latte lovers who regularly frequent a spacious and longstanding cafe were recently surprised to see the windows papered over and a sign referring them to the brand's other locations.
A seemingly high-traffic Starbucks location, located in the Mavis and Eglinton area in the No Frills and Sam Woo plaza, has shuttered its doors for good.
The closure has come as a surprise to local patrons, as the location seemed to be a good one for the popular brand that boasts well over a dozen locations throughout the city. In fact, the last time a relatively well-known Starbucks location closed, it was quickly overtaken by the expanding Apricot Tree in the Sherwood Forrest plaza.
Starbucks is also expanding in the city, having recently opened in Erin Mills Town Centre and the Loblaws on Glen Erin Drive (which means that, if you factor in the Indigo, the brand operates three locations very close together in the Erin Mills area).
But while some patrons might be sad to lose this convenient location, they can take comfort in the fact that Starbucks itself isn't going anywhere in Mississauga.
- CLOSURE: Popular Japanese/Korean Restaurant in Mississauga Closed for Health Violations
- Peel Police Find Missing Mississauga Woman
- Police Seeking Public's Help in Locating Missing Woman Last Seen in Mississauga
- Top 5 Filipino Restaurants in Mississauga
- One School in Lockdown and Others in Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- Popular Cafe Opens New Location in Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Popular Coffee Shop Suddenly Closes in Mississauga
- Popular Coffee Shop Opening Brand New Location in Mississauga
- Massive New Starbucks Opens in Mississauga
- Complimentary Starbucks Food Available at Erin Mills Town Centre for Limited-Time Only