Popular and Longstanding Coffee Shop Suddenly Shuts Down in Mississauga
Coffee, tea and gourmet latte lovers who regularly frequent a spacious and longstanding cafe were recently surprised to see the windows papered over and a sign referring them to the brand's other locations.
A seemingly high-traffic Starbucks location, located in the Mavis and Eglinton area in the No Frills and Sam Woo plaza, has shuttered its doors for good.
The closure has come as a surprise to local patrons, as the location seemed to be a good one for the popular brand that boasts well over a dozen locations throughout the city. In fact, the last time a relatively well-known Starbucks location closed, it was quickly overtaken by the expanding Apricot Tree in the Sherwood Forrest plaza.
Starbucks is also expanding in the city, having recently opened in Erin Mills Town Centre and the Loblaws on Glen Erin Drive (which means that, if you factor in the Indigo, the brand operates three locations very close together in the Erin Mills area).
But while some patrons might be sad to lose this convenient location, they can take comfort in the fact that Starbucks itself isn't going anywhere in Mississauga.
- BREAKING: Fried Chicken Festival Changing Location in Mississauga
- New Mississauga Location for Fried Chicken Festival Revealed
- Mississauga Set to Consider Ambitious Multi-Million Dollar Climate Change Plan
- Justin Trudeau Pledges to Ban Assault Weapons Following Mass Shooting in Mississauga
- Mississauga Fifth Most Expensive City for Rentals in Canada