Pop Star Performing at Upcoming Festival in Mississauga
Mississauga is one of the most diverse cities in Canada and its festivals most certainly reflect that reality.
Although most people expect cultural festivals to take place at Celebration Square (which many do), events that celebrate other nations take place all over the city, and a Middle Eastern festival is about to entertain attendees this weekend.
The St. Mary’s Middle Eastern Festival, which will be hosted by the St. Mary’s Antiochian Orthodox Church (280 Traders Blvd. E.), will kick off on Aug. 16 and run until Aug. 18.
Attendees who hit the festival on Friday night will be treated to a performance by pop star Karl Wolf, a Lebanese-Canadian musician from Montreal.
For those who aren’t familiar with him, he’s been a singer, songwriter and producer since 2001. He released his first solo album, Face Behind the Face, in 2006. He released a second album called Bite the Bullet in 2007.
His most recent album, Blacklight (The Export Vol 2), was released in 2018.
His new single, Yes, which features Super Sako, Deena and Mississauga-raised artist Fito Blanko, is currently available on iTunes, YouTube and Spotify.
The singer is probably best known for his remake of Toto’s Africa (he reimagined the song before Weezer, believe it or not), which you can see below:
The three-day event will also feature performances by George & Jihad Adra and Amir Andraous & Tony Jalbout.
Attendees can also check out DJ Habib Khoury, MC Radouan Abou Faysal, the Al-Lala Dance Group and the St. Mary’s Folklore Group.
There will also be Arabic food and desserts, a Kids’ Zone, an Argileh Station and more.
Admission for the Friday night portion of the event will be $10. On Saturday and Sunday, admission will be $5 for adults and $3 for children between 2 and 12 years of age.
The event will run from 5:00 pm to 11:00 pm on the 16th, 1:00 pm to 11:00 pm on the 17th and 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm on the 18th.
Cover photo courtesy of Karl Wolf’s official Facebook page
- Mosaic South Asian Heritage Festival to draw 70 000 Attendees
- Major Food, Music, Comedy and Entertainment Festival Coming to Celebration Square in Mississauga
- Huge Night Market and Food Festival Coming to Mississauga This Weekend
- Huge Three-Day Festival Set to Hit Mississauga
- Here’s How Many Trendy Food Vendors Will Be at Japan Festival Canada in Mississauga
- Justin Trudeau speaks out about racist tirade at Mississauga grocery store, police say they’re investigating
- Police investigating reports of man trying to enter occupied cars in Mississauga
- Here are all the places that now require masks or face coverings in Mississauga
- Film and television studio opening third location in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Anti-masker's racist rant in Mississauga grocery store