Police seize loaded pistol and drugs in Mississauga traffic stop
Officers from 11 Division have charged three men with drugs and firearms-related offences in the City of Mississauga.
On Thursday, April 23, 2020, at approximately 3:00 p.m., uniform officers conducted a traffic stop in the area of King Street East and Shepard Avenue in Mississauga.
Officers located a loaded Glock pistol and a large quantity of drugs and cash were found in the vehicle, during their investigation.
Jailyn Paris, a 20-year-old from Toronto was charged with Possession of Property Obtained by Crime, Possession for the Purpose X4; in Fentanyl, Cocaine, Crack Cocaine, and Heroin.
In addition, the following firearms-related offences were laid including Possession of Firearm at Unauthorized place, Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm, Occupant of Motor Vehicle Knowing there was Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Weapon, Possession of a Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm, Careless Storage of a Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition and Possession of Imitation Weapon for Dangerous Purpose.
Jaheim Morgan-Bruney, a 19-year-old from Toronto, was charged with six firearms-related offences, Possession for Purpose X4; in Fentanyl, Cocaine, Crack Cocaine, and Heroin. He was also charged with Possession of Property Obtained by Crime.
De Andre Wright, a 19-year-old from Toronto, was charged with six firearms-related offences, Possession for Purpose X4; in Fentanyl, Cocaine, Crack Cocaine, and Heroin.
All three men were held for a bail hearing and will appear at the Ontario Court of Justice.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the 11 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121 ext. 1133.
Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- Mississauga and Brampton residents charged with firearm-related offences
- Mississauga man charged with possession of loaded firearm and drugs
- Mississauga traffic stop leads to seizure of loaded pistol and drugs
- 2 Charged After Mississauga Traffic Stop Leads to Gun, Drugs
- Two Brampton men facing charges after police seize drugs and firearm
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- PICK A SIDE: When should masks no longer be mandatory in Ontario?
- Special weather statement: Heavy rainfall in Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton
- Popular breakfast and lunch restaurant opening new location in Mississauga
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising