Police Seize Loaded Handgun During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
A traffic stop in Mississauga ended with a man being arrested for possession of a loaded handgun.
On Friday, Feb. 17 at approximately 6:00 p.m., an officer stopped a vehicle in the Duke of York and Rathburn Road area for a traffic-related offence. Further investigation revealed that the lone occupant and driver was in breach of recognizance and he was arrested.
Police subsequently discovered a loaded 9mm glock compact semi-automatic pistol in the vehicle.
Ahmed Jama, a 28-year-old Mississauga man, was arrested and charged with fail to comply with recognizance, possession of a controlled substance and numerous firearms related charges.
Jama was held for a bail hearing on Saturday Feb. 18 at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton.
Anyone with any information in relation to this incident is asked to contact the 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 1233. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca, or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word "PEEL" and then your tip.
- Another Handgun Seized During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
- Mississauga traffic stop leads to seizure of loaded pistol and drugs
- Police seize loaded pistol and drugs in Mississauga traffic stop
- Police Allegedly Find Loaded Handgun During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
- Police Seize Loaded Gun During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
- Square One serving up mall food in new parking lot dining area
- All residents of Brampton, Mississauga, and Ontario ages 18+ who received an mRNA vaccine will soon be able to book their second dose
- Downtown Brampton streets closed after collision
- 34% of second dose bookings in Mississauga and Brampton went to Toronto residents
- Police seek assistance in Mississauga homicide investigation