Police Seize Loaded Handgun During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
A traffic stop in Mississauga ended with a man being arrested for possession of a loaded handgun.
On Friday, Feb. 17 at approximately 6:00 p.m., an officer stopped a vehicle in the Duke of York and Rathburn Road area for a traffic-related offence. Further investigation revealed that the lone occupant and driver was in breach of recognizance and he was arrested.
Police subsequently discovered a loaded 9mm glock compact semi-automatic pistol in the vehicle.
Ahmed Jama, a 28-year-old Mississauga man, was arrested and charged with fail to comply with recognizance, possession of a controlled substance and numerous firearms related charges.
Jama was held for a bail hearing on Saturday Feb. 18 at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton.
Anyone with any information in relation to this incident is asked to contact the 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 1233. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca, or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word "PEEL" and then your tip.
- Three Teens Arrested Following Hate-Motivated Crime in Mississauga
- Mississauga Politician Rescinds Award for Community Leader Who Expressed Discriminatory Views
- UPDATE: Here's What's Happening with the Hurontario LRT Project in Mississauga
- Special Weather Alert Now in Effect for Mississauga
- 5 Spas to Road Trip to Outside of Mississauga