Police Seize Loaded Handgun During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
A traffic stop in Mississauga ended with a man being arrested for possession of a loaded handgun.
On Friday, Feb. 17 at approximately 6:00 p.m., an officer stopped a vehicle in the Duke of York and Rathburn Road area for a traffic-related offence. Further investigation revealed that the lone occupant and driver was in breach of recognizance and he was arrested.
Police subsequently discovered a loaded 9mm glock compact semi-automatic pistol in the vehicle.
Ahmed Jama, a 28-year-old Mississauga man, was arrested and charged with fail to comply with recognizance, possession of a controlled substance and numerous firearms related charges.
Jama was held for a bail hearing on Saturday Feb. 18 at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton.
Anyone with any information in relation to this incident is asked to contact the 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 1233. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca, or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word "PEEL" and then your tip.
- This Massive Entertainment Facility is a Hidden Gem
- 5 Hidden Gem Shows at the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
- City fining contractor after snow plow takes out garbage bins in Mississauga
- Multiple sick coyotes spotted in Mississauga
- Man celebrating enormous multi-million jackpot lotto win in Mississauga
- Another Handgun Seized During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
- Police Allegedly Find Loaded Handgun During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
- Police Seize Loaded Gun During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
- 2 Charged After Mississauga Traffic Stop Leads to Gun, Drugs
- Four Men Arrested After Gun Found in Vehicle in Mississauga