Police Seize Loaded Handgun During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
A traffic stop in Mississauga ended with a man being arrested for possession of a loaded handgun.
On Friday, Feb. 17 at approximately 6:00 p.m., an officer stopped a vehicle in the Duke of York and Rathburn Road area for a traffic-related offence. Further investigation revealed that the lone occupant and driver was in breach of recognizance and he was arrested.
Police subsequently discovered a loaded 9mm glock compact semi-automatic pistol in the vehicle.
Ahmed Jama, a 28-year-old Mississauga man, was arrested and charged with fail to comply with recognizance, possession of a controlled substance and numerous firearms related charges.
Jama was held for a bail hearing on Saturday Feb. 18 at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton.
Anyone with any information in relation to this incident is asked to contact the 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 1233. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca, or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word "PEEL" and then your tip.
- Huge Snowfall Set to Hit Mississauga This Weekend
- Ontario Government Cancels Free Tuition for Low-Income Students
- Man and Woman Wanted After Five People Struck by Vehicle Outside Bar in Mississauga
- This Mississauga Resident is Kicking Off the Weekend With a Huge Lotto Win
- This Massive Kids Store is Closing its Doors