Police Seeking Suspect Involved in Firearm Offences in Mississauga
Police are seeking assistance from the public for witnesses regarding a suspect involved in weapons dangerous and firearms offences Mississauga.
On Feb. 16, 2019 at 12:52 a.m. police were called to the area of Dundas Street and Erindale Station Road regarding a male striking the window of an unoccupied vehicle in a parking lot.
Police say the suspect displayed what appeared to be a firearm when confronted by bystanders.
Before the police got to the scene the male fled the area in a white Fiat.
Shortly after this incident was reported, police say the same male attended the area of Mavis Road and Britannia.
The suspect allegedly entered a restaurant, assaulted an unknown male party and brandished (wave or flourish) a similarly described handgun.
Police say, further investigation has led to the recovery of a replica handgun and the alleged suspect being identified as Jarreth Brinson - a 26-year-old male from Mississauga.
The suspect is described as white, 5'8-5'9, and having short, blonde short hair with a buzz cut. Police say the suspect was wearing a black undershirt, silver chains, black track pants and long black coat.
A warrant is being sought for his arrest on the alleged charges of mischief over $5,000 and weapons dangerous (two counts).
As the investigation continues, anyone with information relating to this incident is asked to call investigators at the 11 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 1133. Information can also be left anonymously by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
UPDATE: According to police, at around 6 p.m. this evening (Feb. 16) the suspect attended 12 Division and was taken into custody. The suspect will appear for a bail heaing at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on Feb. 17, 2019.
- Police Searching for Nightclub Shooting Suspect in Mississauga
- Peel Police Seeking Male Suspect Following Alleged Robbery
- Police Asking For Help To Locate Suspect in Mississauga Shooting
- Police Looking for Suspect in Connection With Theft and Fraud Investigation in Mississauga
- Police Looking for Suspect in Connection with Apartment Shooting in Mississauga
- Top 5 Chicken on the Rocks in Mississauga
- Region providing money to residents who want to build basement apartments in Mississauga
- Two COVID-19 cases reported at Mississauga grocery stores
- Very long-awaited Dollarama finally opens in Streetsville Mississauga
- Some university students in Mississauga are dating older partners to pay off debt