Police seeking public's assistance in Mississauga assault investigation
Officers from 11 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau are seeking assistance in identifying males responsible for assaulting the occupants of a vehicle in Mississauga.
Police say that on Wednesday, January 7, 2020, at approximately 7:55 p.m., the male victim was sitting in the driver seat and a female passenger in the passenger seat.
Both victims were sitting in a vehicle in a parking lot at Brickstone Mews in Mississauga, according to police.
A second vehicle, described as a white Mercedes with a red stripe through the middle of the front grill arrived on scene, police say.
Police say the occupants of the suspect vehicle initiated a discussion regarding the parking spot and in a completely unprovoked action, the male suspects approached the victims in their car and began to assault them.
The driver was pulled out of the car, the female passenger exited the car and was punched in the face, according to police.
Both victims received injuries that required treatment at a hospital.
The suspects in this incident are described as followed, according to police:
1. Suspect one is male, in his 30's, medium build, wearing a grey hat
2. Suspect two is male in his 30's, bald, with a beard, and was wearing a dark jacket.
A third person that was in the vehicle with the victims believes that the suspects were of Middle Eastern background, the witness further indicated that she believed the suspects with an accent similar to that of someone with origin from Iraq, police say.
Investigators are asking for the assistance of anyone who may have witnessed the incident or has any information on the vehicle and are asking them to contact investigators with the 11 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905)453-2121 ext. 1133.
Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- Police Seeking Assistance In Locating Male In Connection To Indecent Act Investigation
- Police Searching for Suspects After Older Man Assaulted in Mississauga
- Police seeking public's assistance in identifying suspect of assault in Mississauga
- Police searching for suspects who fled after male shot in Mississauga
- Police Hunting for Assault Suspect
- Protest against anti-Black racism planned for Mississauga
- Police searching for dangerous suspect in Mississauga
- Police searching for missing man with intellectual disability known to frequent Mississauga
- Mayor Bonnie Crombie addresses calls to defund Peel Regional Police
- Officers not facing charges after man falls to his death in Mississauga