UPDATED: Police Searching for Lost Tourist Last Seen in Mississauga
Police are appealing to the public for help in locating a 46-year-old German man who was last seen in Mississauga.
Thorsten Schmidt was last seen at approximately 3:20 p.m. on June 10 at a hotel in the Viscount Road and Airport Road area.
Schmidt is described as a 6'4" white male who is 310 pounds. He has a heavy build, short, curly, pushed back hair and a clean-shaven complexion. Schmidt speaks English, but has a heavy German accent. He was last seen wearing a t-shirt, grey track pants and white sneakers.
He may be operating a red electrical scooter (see below) or traveling with a walking cane.
Family and police are concerned for his well-being, as he suffers from a medical condition that requires regular medication. Schmidt is visiting Canada and is not familiar with the area.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of SCHMIDTis asked to call investigators at the Airport Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3135.
UPDATED. He has been found in good health.
- Ontarians are being warned not to participate in the TikTok penny challenge
- BREAKING: First coronavirus patient confirmed at Sunnybrook Hospital
- Teachers' strike to affect Peel and Hamilton-Wentworth school boards
- Various milk products recalled due to sanitizer contamination
- Power outage affecting over 600 homes and businesses in Mississauga
- UPDATED: Family Concerned for Missing Elderly Man from Mississauga
- UPDATED: Police Searching for Missing Senior From Mississauga
- UPDATED: Police Seek Assistance Locating Missing Male
- Police Concerned for Missing Woman Who Disappeared Without Medication
- Police Concerned for Missing 14-Year-Old Mississauga Boy