Police say body of what appears to be missing teen from Bradford, Ont., found
BRADFORD, Ont. -- Police say the body of what appears to be a missing teen from Bradford, Ont., has been found in a pond.
South Simcoe Police say 15-year-old Siem Zerezghi has been missing since Oct. 24.
Acting Deputy Chief John Van Dyke says people found some items they believe belonged to the boy on Friday afternoon.
He says an Ontario Provincial Police underwater search and recovery unit searched a nearby pond and recovered a body.
The body has been sent for a forensics examination.
Van Dyke says the boy's family has been notified and he thanked the community for its support.
"The investigation has determined Siem left his home near Professor Day Drive and Northgate Drive around 7:45 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 24," he said during a media briefing.
"The last sightings of him were obtained by two separate security cameras in his neighbourhood. Seim's family have been notified and are requesting privacy at this difficult time."
Searchers had been scouring the community for Siem using a drone, canine units and ATVs.
- Police Have Recovered Missing Mississauga Man's Body from Water
- Body of Missing Mississauga Man Recovered by Police
- UPDATE: Police no longer investigating body found in Mississauga home
- Peel Police Investigating After Dead Body Found in Mississauga
- Police Investigating After Dead Body Found in Mississauga
- Some big changes coming to garbage and recycling in Mississauga
- House of the Week: Huge $3.9 mil house near Rattray Marsh
- Policy officer from Mississauga celebrating big lotto win
- Federal government identifies multiple flights that landed at Pearson Airport with COVID-19
- Ontario nurses advocating for full province-wide lockdown to mitigate spread of COVID-19