Police say body of what appears to be missing teen from Bradford, Ont., found
BRADFORD, Ont. -- Police say the body of what appears to be a missing teen from Bradford, Ont., has been found in a pond.
South Simcoe Police say 15-year-old Siem Zerezghi has been missing since Oct. 24.
Acting Deputy Chief John Van Dyke says people found some items they believe belonged to the boy on Friday afternoon.
He says an Ontario Provincial Police underwater search and recovery unit searched a nearby pond and recovered a body.
The body has been sent for a forensics examination.
Van Dyke says the boy's family has been notified and he thanked the community for its support.
"The investigation has determined Siem left his home near Professor Day Drive and Northgate Drive around 7:45 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 24," he said during a media briefing.
"The last sightings of him were obtained by two separate security cameras in his neighbourhood. Seim's family have been notified and are requesting privacy at this difficult time."
Searchers had been scouring the community for Siem using a drone, canine units and ATVs.
- Police Have Recovered Missing Mississauga Man's Body from Water
- Body of Missing Mississauga Man Recovered by Police
- Peel Police Investigating After Dead Body Found in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Police no longer investigating body found in Mississauga home
- Police Investigating After Dead Body Found in Mississauga
- Thirteen tickets won a massive lottery prize in Ontario but no jackpot
- UPDATE: Brampton teen drowns in Halton Hills area
- Mississauga enters first stage of reopening as COVID-19 restrictions loosen across Ontario
- Mississauga, Brampton vaccine clinics taking place this weekend
- Trio of suitors to bid on anaerobic digestion plant in Clarington