Police responding to report of several people stuck on blowup mattress in lake in Mississauga
Officers and Mississauga Fire are responding to an incident on Lake Ontario this evening.
Police were called to the area of Bexhill Road and Gatehouse Drive for reports that “several people on a blowup mattress boat have floated far away from shore”.
The call came in at 7:44 p.m.
Missisauga Fire crews and officers currently remain at the scene. More info to come.
UPDATE: As of 8:30 p.m., police say the people on the mattress made it back to shore on their own, and no one was in distress.
First responders will be clearing the scene shortly.
- Mississauga travel agency owner wins $1 million lotto prize
- Two employees at Mississauga grocery store test positive for COVID-19
- The perfect selfie spot is taking shape in Mississauga
- Ontario to introduce bill to extend some emergency measures over the next year
- Mississauga’s Most Notorious Murder Case - Peter Demeter