Police Release Photos of Fraud Suspects
As part of an ongoing investigation into a fraud case that happened in Mississauga, Peel Regional Police have released photos showing two suspects that may have been involved, according to a CTV News article.
The suspects are both described as South Asian with dark hair and glasses. The first suspect, whose glasses are dark-rimmed, is also seen wearing a gold ring on his right ring finger and is estimated to be around 45 years old.
The second suspect, thought to be around 35 years old, is shown with dark facial hair and was wearing a toque at the time of the photograph.
The case itself involves a woman who, on April 7, asked two men to perform a blessing at her Mississauga residence. According to the police, the victim believed her home was afflicted with bad luck, which she wanted removed.
Further details, such as how she met the men or how she was defrauded, are being kept under wraps while the investigation continues, said Peel police spokesperson Rachel Gibbs.
Police are appealing to the public for help, and are urging citizens to call 905-453-2121 if they have any information that can help identify the suspects.
Both photos from: Peel Regional Police handout
- UPDATE: Police Release Photos of Armed Kidnapping Suspects
- Peel Police Seeking Public’s Help in Fraud Investigation
- Police Looking for Suspect in Connection With Theft and Fraud Investigation in Mississauga
- Police searching for suspects who fled after male shot in Mississauga
- Police Release Photos of Suspect Following Shooting in Mississauga
- Ontario to announce fall COVID-19 plan today
- Two Mississauga students awarded scholarships from Walmart
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 - September 21
- Report of man with knife prompts hold and secure at school in Mississauga
- Ontario rolls out massive flu shot campaign in bid to keep hospitals from overflowing amid the COVID-19 pandemic