Police Raided an Illegal Marijuana Dispensary in Mississauga
Four people were arrested on Wednesday after police raided an illegal marijuana dispensary in Mississauga back in June.
Spurred by a community complaint, police launched an investigation into Pharma-Cann, a storefront operation on Drew Road.
Investigators seized a quantity of drugs including: Cannabis Marijuana, Cannabis Resin, Hashish, and Tetrahydrocannabinol (known as THC). They also seized a quantity of cash.
According to Peel police, these types of storefront operations pose a potential public health risk as the production of controlled substances are not regulated by Health Canada and/or originate from unknown sources.
Four people (three men and one woman, all in their 30s) have been arrested in connection to the illegal operation. They are facing charges including Possession of Property Obtained by Crime, Trafficking a Controlled Substance, and Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking.
Police are asking anyone who has information regarding this investigation, or knowledge of the illicit sale of drugs, to call investigators at 905-453-2121 (ext. 3515).
- Mississauga’s LRT Could be in Danger of Cancellation
- Major Facility Closing and Cutting Jobs in Mississauga
- Sick Days for Teachers Causing Significant Issues in Mississauga Schools
- 15 Things You Never Knew About the Glenerin Inn in Mississauga
- This Could be Mississauga’s First Hefty Snowfall of the Season
- Six Arrested, Two Pending Arrest for Possession of Massive Amounts of Illegal Drugs
- Mississauga Man Charged in Connection with Marijuana Dispensary Raid
- Charges Laid in Connection with Illegal Drug Dispensary in Mississauga
- Four People Arrested After Gun and Drugs Discovered in Mississauga Home
- Mississauga Man Arrested in Drug Trafficking Investigation