Police on Scene After Plane Slides Off Runway at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
Police are on scene at Pearson Airport following an aircraft incident in Mississauga.
Shortly before 11:00 p.m., Peel police announced they were assisting partners at the airport with a WestJet aircraft that partially slid off the runway.
Police told insauga.com that, while the aircraft was driving to the terminal after landing, its front wheel slid off the runway and into the grass (which might be snow covered at this time).
At this point, the nose of the plane is still off the runway.
No injuries have been reported, but passengers are still on the plane.
Police say crews are trying to get it back on the runway and to the terminal.
UPDATE: According to police, after examining the aircraft it was determined that the front wheel did not leave the runway but was instead stuck in snow. The aircraft was freed from the snow and moved to the gate on its own power.
- Exciting Christmas Events are Coming to a Huge Entertainment Facility
- PHOTOS: Massive $50,000,000 mansion with gold-lining is for sale in Mississauga
- Mississauga advising residents to exercise caution with ridesharing services
- Here's what you need to know about the new regulations for airlines
- Police looking for armed suspects following bank robbery in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Air Canada Plane Spins Off Runway at Pearson Airport
- Here's Why This Air Canada Plane Slid Off the Runway at Pearson
- Plane Malfunctions While Landing at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Man Arrested Following Another Assault on an Aircraft
- Runway Renovations Ongoing at Pearson Airport in Mississauga