Police on Scene After Plane Slides Off Runway at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
Police are on scene at Pearson Airport following an aircraft incident in Mississauga.
Shortly before 11:00 p.m., Peel police announced they were assisting partners at the airport with a WestJet aircraft that partially slid off the runway.
Police told insauga.com that, while the aircraft was driving to the terminal after landing, its front wheel slid off the runway and into the grass (which might be snow covered at this time).
At this point, the nose of the plane is still off the runway.
No injuries have been reported, but passengers are still on the plane.
Police say crews are trying to get it back on the runway and to the terminal.
UPDATE: According to police, after examining the aircraft it was determined that the front wheel did not leave the runway but was instead stuck in snow. The aircraft was freed from the snow and moved to the gate on its own power.
- Changes Coming to a Building at Major Mississauga Intersection
- PHOTOS: Police Searching for Break and Enter Suspect in Mississauga
- Police Searching For a Missing Woman Last Seen in Mississauga
- Here’s How Much You Need to Make an Hour to Afford an Apartment in Mississauga
- Peel Police Investigating Strange Odour In Mississauga
- VIDEO: Air Canada Plane Spins Off Runway at Pearson Airport
- Here's Why This Air Canada Plane Slid Off the Runway at Pearson
- Man Arrested Following Another Assault on an Aircraft
- Passengers Evacuated After Planes Collide at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Runway Renovations Ongoing at Pearson Airport in Mississauga