Police on scene after pedestrian pinned under car in Mississauga
There has been a collision in the Dundas St. and Cawthra Rd. area in Mississauga.
According to Peel Police, a call was received at 11:42 a.m. in regard to an incident involving a pedestrian being struck by a vehicle and being pinned underneath.
The status of the victim is unknown at this time.
There is currently no access to travel through the intersection, so motorists are asked to use alternate routes.
The pedestrian has been identified as a male and has since been removed from under the vehicle. He is being transported to a trauma centre in life-threatening condition, according to Peel Police.
The Major Collision Bureau (MCB) is attending and motorists are advised to avoid the area.
Police say the MCB has finished processing the scene and that Dundas Street at Cawthra has reopened.
The victim’s injuries are still considered life-threatening.
An investigation into the incident is ongoing.
- Police on Scene After Pedestrian Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Pedestrian Transported to Trauma Centre After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- One Person Transported To Trauma Centre After Pedestrian Struck In Mississauga
- Pedestrian Hospitalized After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Man Suffers Life-Threatening Injuries After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga