Police Officer Charged with Sexual Assault
Peel Regional Police have reported that an officer has been arrested and charged with sexual assault.
The Peel Regional Police Professional Standards Bureau has arrested and charged Constable Prabhjot Singh with one count of Assault and one count of Sexual Assault.
Police reported that the victim and accused know each other and there is no risk to public safety.
Constable Singh is a two-year officer who is assigned to general patrol and, as per the current provisions of the Ontario Police Services Act, he has been suspended with pay
“This is a serious matter and will be thoroughly investigated. I am committed to holding officers accountable for their actions to maintain the trust we have established with our community” said Peel Regional Police Chief Jennifer Evans.
Police officers are subject to the same laws as all other members of the public and are also subject to discipline under the Police Services Act.
Constable Singh is scheduled to appear at the A. Grenville & William Davis Court House in Brampton on May 29 at 9 a.m.
- Rental prices falling as the year winds to a close in Mississauga
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at ICU in Mississauga Hospital
- COVID-19 numbers in Peel Region continue downward trend
- Almost all illegal guns coming into Mississauga and Brampton are from the U.S.
- Employee of Mississauga No Frills tests positive for COVID-19