Police Officer Charged in Collision that Killed a Motorcyclist in Mississauga
An officer with Peel Regional Police has been charged after a fatal Mississauga collision that happened back in June, according to a report from the Special Investigations Unit (SIU).
On June 19, 2016, the SIU began investigating a collision between a PRP cruiser and a motorcycle which took place in the area of Tomken Road and Derry Road.
The driver of the motorcycle, a 41-year-old man, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The officer in question, Constable Brandon Strain, is believed to have committed a criminal offence and is being charged with one count of dangerous driving causing death.
Strain is expected to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice at 7755 Hurontario Street in Brampton on January 9, 2017.
As the case will soon be going to trial, the SIU has stated that it will make no further comments.
(Photos courtesy of Pascal Marchand - The 4K Guy)
- Ontarians are being warned not to participate in the TikTok penny challenge
- BREAKING: First coronavirus patient confirmed at Sunnybrook Hospital
- Police investigating stabbing near Erin Mills Parkway in Mississauga
- Some Mississauga schools will be closed for three days due to strikes
- Suspects flee armed robbery in Mississauga