Police Looking for Thieves Targeting Seniors in Mississauga
Police are appealing to the public for help in identifying two suspects that are thought to be targeting senior citizens.
According to a recent QEW South Post article, some disturbing reports about a man and woman stealing wallets from seniors shopping at grocery stores in Erin Mills and Meadowvale have surfaced.
The Post reports that the most recent incident happened on May 20 around 12:25 p.m. According to the article, a 73-year-old man and his wife were shopping at the Longo’s on Glen Erin Drive and Thomas St. when the suspects snatched his wallet as he was placing his groceries on his bike. Store surveillance footage shows the suspects following the couple inside and taking note of their PIN codes during checkout.
Police believe the suspects are connected to a similar previous incident.
According to the QEW South Post, the male suspect is white with a medium build and is thought to be between 25 and 30 years old. He has short dark brown hair, a short beard, and was seen wearing a black Yankees cap with a black and white checkered button down shirt. The female suspect, also white, is 25 with a medium build. She was seen wearing a dark cap with a white stripe, white shirt, and was carrying a purse.
- Man and Woman Wanted After Five People Struck by Vehicle Outside Bar in Mississauga
- Ontario Government Cancels Free Tuition for Low-Income Students
- This Mississauga Resident is Kicking Off the Weekend With a Huge Lotto Win
- Huge Snowfall Set to Hit Mississauga This Weekend
- A Total Lunar Eclipse is Happening in Mississauga Soon
- Police Looking for Suspected Jewellery Thieves in Mississauga
- Suspects and Vehicle Wanted in Mississauga Stabbing
- Suspected Thieves Posing as Police Officers Target Mississauga Resident
- Police Searching for Suspects After Older Man Assaulted in Mississauga
- NEW VIDEO: Police Release New Footage of Suspects in Bombay Bhel Restaurant Bombing in Mississauga