Police Launch New Buy and Sell Exchange Zone in Mississauga
Lately, a lot of attention has been paid to sales online that have gone terribly wrong. While most people manage to sell and purchase goods from online buyers and sellers (most people are trustworthy, after all) without incident, there have been a few instances where theft—and even violent crime—has occurred during a sale arranged online.
To help mitigate fears and offer protection, Peel police launched their first Buy and Sell Exchange Zone. The zone, which opened on Nov. 7 at the police’s 22 Division station on Hurontario in Brampton, provided people with a safe place to exchange goods.
Now, Peel police have announced that they've launched a second Buy and Sell Exchange Zone in Mississauga. The second zone is located at the 12 Division location at 4600 Dixie Road.
Residents who are meeting with someone to either buy or a sell a good they’ve listed or discovered online are welcome to use designated parking spaces to conduct the transaction. The zones are comprised of parking spots that are monitored by surveillance cameras.
Peel police are the first department in the GTA to introduce such an initiative.
For more information, click here.
- PHOTOS: First Look at Massive Entertainment Facility Opening Today in Square One in Mississauga
- An Unexpected Shop is Opening Soon in Square One in Mississauga
- Numerous Flights Cancelled Following Fire at Pearson Airport
- Man Arrested Following Murder Investigation in Mississauga
- 18-Year-Old Mississauga Tennis Star Wins Indian Wells Title in California Tournament
- Peel Police Launch Buy and Sell Exchange Zones Just Outside of Mississauga
- This is What Police Are Doing to Make Online Purchases Safer in Mississauga
- Suspected Fraudster Targeting Online Sellers in Mississauga
- Police Warning Residents to Use Special Exchange Zones After Equipment Stolen from Hospital
- How to Stay Safe When Buying and Selling Online in Mississauga