Man Violently Robbed Over iPhone Kijiji Sale in Mississauga
So, it appears Peel police launched their Buy and Sell Exchange Zone for a good reason—sometimes, sales arranged over websites such as Kijiji can go wrong.
On Sunday, Jan. 8, a Mississauga man was allegedly assaulted at Square One in Mississauga during a struggle over an iPhone he was attempting to sell to a buyer he met on Kijiji.
According to Peel police, the victim and a friend met the prospective buyer at the mall at 6:50 p.m. The victim alleges that, while discussing the sale price, the buyer pulled out an envelope and then grabbed the phone and ran.
The victim chased the alleged thief and they struggled over the phone. The suspect is said to have punched the victim during the course of the altercation before running off.
The victim sustained minor injuries and there is no indication that he had to be transported to or treated in hospital.
The suspect has been described as a white male in his mid-20s. He was last seen wearing a grey jacket, black pants and white shoes.
The investigation into the incident is ongoing.
If this incident has alarmed you, it's good to remember that you can meet a buyer or seller that you've only communicated with online in designated parking spaces at the Peel Police 22 Division station in Brampton.
Police are also cautioning people not to chase anyone in the event of a robbery, as that increases the risk of serious injury.
Anyone with any information about the incident is asked to contact the Peel Police Criminal Investigation Bureau at 905-453-2121.
- Two Online Car Sales Went Wrong in Mississauga
- Police Launch New Buy and Sell Exchange Zone in Mississauga
- Police Seeking ATM Robbery Victim in Mississauga
- Peel Police Launch Buy and Sell Exchange Zones Just Outside of Mississauga
- Police searching for suspect after cell phone reportedly stolen in Mississauga
- McDonald’s showing appreciation for Canadian teachers
- Brampton driving school instructor charged with sexual offences
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – September 29
- Three women injured in Mississauga apartment attack
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 29