Police Investigating After Gun Recovered Following Collision in Mississauga
An unidentified suspect is facing charges after OPP officers discovered a gun in their vehicle following an alleged impaired driving collision in Mississauga.
According to OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt, this past weekend was a busy one for impaired driving, dangerous driving and stunt driving. Schmidt also said that the OPP are appealing to the public for help in locating two suspects who fled from police following a traffic stop in the 404 and Finch Ave. area in North York. According to Schmidt, police arrested the driver involved in the incident after a loaded handgun was discovered in the vehicle.
Two suspects, a 5'8" black male and a 6'2" black male, fled the scene and were last seen scaling a fence in the area to evade police.
The OPP says more information about the firearm and impaired driving arrest made in Mississauga is forthcoming,
Over the weekend, the OPP laid 13 impaired driving charges. Across the province, 66 impaired driving charges were laid from Friday starting at 6:00 pm until Monday morning.
Police say 18 charges of dangerous operation of a motor vehicle or evading police were also laid.
- Firearm Discovered During Impaired Driving Investigation in Mississauga
- Alarming Amount of Impaired Driving Charges Laid this Holiday Season in Mississauga
- Hundreds of Impaired Driving Charges Laid in OPP Festive RIDE
- Mississauga Man Arrested For Driving Malfunctioning Vehicle While Impaired
- Man accused of impaired driving with loaded gun in Mississauga: Peel police
- Some university students in Mississauga are dating older partners to pay off debt
- Police won’t be stopping and questioning people while stay-at-home order is in effect
- New COVID-19 isolation centre now open in Peel; more coming soon
- Two COVID-19 cases reported at Loblaws in Mississauga
- LATEST: Halton Police have the individual who had barricaded themselves in Oakville in custody