Police investigate after remains of infant found in Lake Ontario
Police east of Toronto say homicide detectives are investigating the death of an infant.
Investigators say the infant's body was found Thursday at the shoreline of Lake Ontario in Pickering, Ont.
They said a citizen noticed the remains in the water near a trail.
Police say a coroner has attended the scene and a post-mortem will follow.
Investigators say they hope a post-mortem will shed more light on what happened.
They're asking any witnesses to get in touch with police.
- Elementary school classes set to be reorganized in Mississauga
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- OPINION: Mississauga anti-maskers event doing more harm than good
- Deceased male located near creek in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Ontario rolls back social gathering limits in response to rising COVID-19 cases