Police investigate after remains of infant found in Lake Ontario
Police east of Toronto say homicide detectives are investigating the death of an infant.
Investigators say the infant's body was found Thursday at the shoreline of Lake Ontario in Pickering, Ont.
They said a citizen noticed the remains in the water near a trail.
Police say a coroner has attended the scene and a post-mortem will follow.
Investigators say they hope a post-mortem will shed more light on what happened.
They're asking any witnesses to get in touch with police.
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- VIDEO: All lanes blocked on Hwy 401 due to multiple vehicles pile up in Mississauga
- Another 7 flights with 38 rows affected land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Provinces look to mix COVID-19 vaccines in light of changing supply
- Mississauga, Brampton to lift restrictions once Ontario's COVID numbers are "well below" 1,000 daily cases