Police investigate after remains of infant found in Lake Ontario
Police east of Toronto say homicide detectives are investigating the death of an infant.
Investigators say the infant's body was found Thursday at the shoreline of Lake Ontario in Pickering, Ont.
They said a citizen noticed the remains in the water near a trail.
Police say a coroner has attended the scene and a post-mortem will follow.
Investigators say they hope a post-mortem will shed more light on what happened.
They're asking any witnesses to get in touch with police.
- Looks like Mississauga and Brampton will be moving into grey lockdown zone on March 9
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Man delivering food in Mississauga robbed: Peel Police
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga had 24 international and 4 domestic flights with COVID-19 cases
- Change coming to waste collection in Mississauga this month