Police disperse house party of 200 people in Peel
While many residents are practicing social distancing and hoping the region can move into Stage 3 soon, a recent incident proves that not everyone shares that concern.
Police say they were called shortly before 10:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 25 for a busy house party in the area of Countryside Drive and Goreway Road.
There were as many as 200 people in attendance, police say.
Peel police officers and by-law officers attended the scene, and it took until roughly midnight to disperse everybody from the home.
Under the province’s current orders for Peel Region, social gatherings are limited to ten people.
In a recent interview, Premier Doug Ford spoke about whether he’d allow Mississauga to enter stage 3 before Brampton if Brampton’s COVID-19 cases are higher:
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Police disperse house party of 200 people in Peel
- Toronto, Peel Region enter Stage 2 of Ontario’s COVID-19 recovery plan
- Police blitz targeting large parties coming to Mississauga
- COVID-19: 151 new cases in Ontario as premier looks to limit gatherings to 5 people or less
- Mississauga mayor responds to province holding off on letting Peel enter Stage 3
- Two Mississauga men enjoying big lotto wins
- The Keg is opening a brand new restaurant in Mississauga
- Long-standing laser tag facility shuts down in Mississauga
- Mississauga mayor says city ticketed restaurants and individuals for violating gathering limits
- Ontario teachers no longer self-isolating after coming into contact with individuals experiencing COVID-19 symptoms