Police disperse house party of 200 people in Peel
While many residents are practicing social distancing and hoping the region can move into Stage 3 soon, a recent incident proves that not everyone shares that concern.
Police say they were called shortly before 10:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 25 for a busy house party in the area of Countryside Drive and Goreway Road.
There were as many as 200 people in attendance, police say.
Peel police officers and by-law officers attended the scene, and it took until roughly midnight to disperse everybody from the home.
Under the province’s current orders for Peel Region, social gatherings are limited to ten people.
In a recent interview, Premier Doug Ford spoke about whether he’d allow Mississauga to enter stage 3 before Brampton if Brampton’s COVID-19 cases are higher:
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Police disperse house party of 200 people in Peel
- Police blitz targeting large parties coming to Mississauga
- Toronto, Peel Region enter Stage 2 of Ontario’s COVID-19 recovery plan
- Police and by-law officers “moving people along” at Diwali celebration this evening
- COVID-19: 151 new cases in Ontario as premier looks to limit gatherings to 5 people or less
- Some big changes coming to garbage and recycling in Mississauga
- House of the Week: Huge $3.9 mil house near Rattray Marsh
- Policy officer from Mississauga celebrating big lotto win
- Federal government identifies multiple flights that landed at Pearson Airport with COVID-19
- All COVID-19 cases at Mississauga grocery stores for the week of November 23 to 29