Police disperse house party of 200 people in Peel
While many residents are practicing social distancing and hoping the region can move into Stage 3 soon, a recent incident proves that not everyone shares that concern.
Police say they were called shortly before 10:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 25 for a busy house party in the area of Countryside Drive and Goreway Road.
There were as many as 200 people in attendance, police say.
Peel police officers and by-law officers attended the scene, and it took until roughly midnight to disperse everybody from the home.
Under the province’s current orders for Peel Region, social gatherings are limited to ten people.
In a recent interview, Premier Doug Ford spoke about whether he’d allow Mississauga to enter stage 3 before Brampton if Brampton’s COVID-19 cases are higher:
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Police disperse house party of 200 people in Peel
- Police blitz targeting large parties coming to Mississauga
- Toronto, Peel Region enter Stage 2 of Ontario’s COVID-19 recovery plan
- Police and by-law officers “moving people along” at Diwali celebration this evening
- Mississauga Man Facing Firearm Charges After Police Called to House Party
- Looks like Mississauga and Brampton will be moving into grey lockdown zone on March 9
- Oakville man caught speeding twice in 11 minutes
- PHOTOS: A look inside a mass vaccination clinic in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Missing 13-year-old girl located in good health
- Construction coming to busy GO Station and street to make way for Hurontario LRT in Mississauga