Police disperse house party of 200 people in Peel
While many residents are practicing social distancing and hoping the region can move into Stage 3 soon, a recent incident proves that not everyone shares that concern.
Police say they were called shortly before 10:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 25 for a busy house party in the area of Countryside Drive and Goreway Road.
There were as many as 200 people in attendance, police say.
Peel police officers and by-law officers attended the scene, and it took until roughly midnight to disperse everybody from the home.
Under the province’s current orders for Peel Region, social gatherings are limited to ten people.
In a recent interview, Premier Doug Ford spoke about whether he’d allow Mississauga to enter stage 3 before Brampton if Brampton’s COVID-19 cases are higher:
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Police disperse house party of 200 people in Peel
- 11 charges laid after house party breaks COVID by-laws: Hamilton Police
- Police blitz targeting large parties coming to Mississauga
- Toronto, Peel Region enter Stage 2 of Ontario’s COVID-19 recovery plan
- Police and by-law officers “moving people along” at Diwali celebration this evening
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Ontario pulls AstraZeneca from arms of Mississauga, Brampton reisdents over renewed fears of blood clots
- Three dozen Mississauga residents ticketed at outdoor gatherings
- MAYORS CHAT: Mississauga Mayor Bonnie Crombie chats about COVID-19, vaccines and tickets - May 11, 2021
- Most and least expensive homes in Mississauga