Police discover remains of deceased infant in basement of Hamilton home
Hamilton Police Service (HPS) has confirmed earlier reports of a baby buried in a house in downtown Hamilton.
On Wednesday (February 24), HPS was notified of the possibility of a baby buried in a house in the area of Wellington Street South.
After a thorough investigation, HPS discovered the deceased body of an infant at the aforementioned location--the cause of death is still to be determined.
Two people have been charged in relation to the discovery--24-year-old Winnie Ensor, and 34-year-old Nathan O'Brien.
Both O’Brien and Ensor are from Hamilton, and both have been charged with criminal negligence causing death and interfering with a dead body.
The investigation is still on-going, and anyone with relevant information is urged to contact Detective Michael Ebert at 905-546-4167.
- Hamilton Police forensic team continues investigation into alleged buried baby
- Police investigating reports of a 'buried baby' in downtown Hamilton
- 22-year-old Hamilton man charged in death of Ethan MacCullouch
- 15 Year Old Mother Arrested for Baby's Death in Peel
- Hamilton Police officer charged with sexual assault after 5-month SIU investigation
- Brampton truck driver charged for smuggling cocaine into Canada
- Alarmingly 20% of all Brampton being tested currently have COVID-19
- Mississauga boxing gym defying provincial lockdown orders facing charges by City
- Gun play has police on the scene at Brampton neighbourhood
- Mississauga ticketing for gathering in parks to home hair salons and more