Police discover remains of deceased infant in basement of Hamilton home
Hamilton Police Service (HPS) has confirmed earlier reports of a baby buried in a house in downtown Hamilton.
On Wednesday (February 24), HPS was notified of the possibility of a baby buried in a house in the area of Wellington Street South.
After a thorough investigation, HPS discovered the deceased body of an infant at the aforementioned location--the cause of death is still to be determined.
Two people have been charged in relation to the discovery--24-year-old Winnie Ensor, and 34-year-old Nathan O'Brien.
Both O’Brien and Ensor are from Hamilton, and both have been charged with criminal negligence causing death and interfering with a dead body.
The investigation is still on-going, and anyone with relevant information is urged to contact Detective Michael Ebert at 905-546-4167.
- Hamilton Police forensic team continues investigation into alleged buried baby
- Police investigating reports of a 'buried baby' in downtown Hamilton
- 15 Year Old Mother Arrested for Baby's Death in Peel
- Murder charges laid on two people after body was found near Hamilton park
- 22-year-old Hamilton man charged in death of Ethan MacCullouch
- One-year-old girl pulled from Burlington swimming pool dies in hospital
- Hamilton considers closing East Mountain street to vehicles, asks residents to weigh in
- Five-week-old puppy stolen during armed invasion of occupied Brampton house
- Hamilton Police investigate after man found unconscious in pool of blood on downtown street
- Driver flees on foot after rollover crash with critical injuries in Mississauga