Police charge 48-year-old man in connection to human trafficking
Peel Regional Police (PRP) has laid charges against a man from Hamilton in connection to human trafficking.
In May of this year, PRP began investigating 48-year-old Shannon Bennett after discovering he had been targeting numerous women through an online dating website.
These women were then allegedly exploited in the sex trade in various hotels across the GTA, including the Region of Peel.
On Tusday, July 20, Bennett was arrested and charged with numerous offences, including: three counts of Procuring, three counts of Advertise Sexual Services, three counts of Exercising Control Over a Sex Trade Worker, three counts of Deriving Material Benefit from Sexual Services, and Sexual Assault.
Investigators believe there may be more victims, and they’re urging anyone with relevant information to contact the Specialized Enforcement Bureau - Vice and Human Trafficking at 905-453-2121, extension 3555.
Additionally, information may be provided anonymously to Peel Crime Stoppers by calling 1-800-222-8477, or visiting their website.
- Peel Police Arrest 38-Year-Old Man In Connection To Human Trafficking Investigation
- Arrests made in Mississauga human trafficking investigation
- Police arrest man in connection to a human trafficking investigation in Mississauga
- Man Arrested in Connection With Violent Assault and Human Trafficking Offences in Mississauga
- Police Looking For Man Wanted in Connection With Violent Assault and Human Trafficking Offences in Mississauga
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- Police on scene in Brampton after man found with serious injuries, sources say gunplay suspected
- Here's where the new Automated Speed Enforcement cameras are in Mississauga
- Still no answer from feds as 14 flights land at Mississauga's Pearson Airport with COVID-19