Police asking public for help in cycling incident that left Burlington man with serious head injury
Halton Regional Police are still investigating a cycling incident on Sunday afternoon that left a Burlington man with a serious head injury.
The Collision Reconstruction Unit is still investigating the incident that happened at approximately 1:55 p.m. and left a 36-year-old male injured in the long grass on 1 Side Road, east of Guelph Line.
Police say the Burlington man, who is currently listed in serious, but stable condition, was travelling eastbound on 1 Side Road when he was ejected from his bicycle and came to rest in the long grass on the south side of the roadway.
No other vehicles are believed to be involved.
Emergency services treated the man and transported him to a local trauma centre. Because of the extent of the injury, the Collision Reconstruction Unit has assumed responsibility for this investigation.
Police are asking any witnesses who have you to speak to them to contact 905-825-4747, ext. 5065.
- Road closed after bicyclist found unconscious, seriously injured in Burlington
- Halton Police's initial investigation shows it was collision, not single-vehicle crash, that led to death of male passenger in Halton Hills
- Mississauga Man Seriously Injured in Collision in Milton
- Halton Police Investigating Serious Collision Involving Mississauga Man In Oakville
- Mississauga Man in Trauma Unit After Oakville Crash
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- PICK A SIDE: When should masks no longer be mandatory in Ontario?
- Popular breakfast and lunch restaurant opening new location in Mississauga
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Special weather statement: Heavy rainfall in Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton