Police Arrest Four Males for Armed Bank Robbery in Mississauga
Peel Regional Police have quickly arrested four people after an armed bank robbery took place in Mississauga yesterday (Wednesday February 15).
At around 1:00 p.m., police were called to the scene of a robbery in progress at Dixie Road and Meyerside Drive.
Four males entered the bank with their faces concealed and demanded money while showing possession of a handgun and shotgun.
The suspects, who then attempted to flee in a vehicle, were pursued by police and drove the vehicle into a ditch. They fled on foot, but were apprehended shortly after.
Police arrested Toronto men Oday Bazuhair (18) and Benjamin Kwafo (23), as well as two other males (16 and 17) whose names are withheld.
Charges include robbery, disguise with intent, and possession of a loaded firearm.
The four suspects were all held for a bail hearing on Thursday at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton.
- Numerous Flights Cancelled Following Fire at Pearson Airport
- An Unexpected Shop is Opening Soon in Square One in Mississauga
- Part of Pearson Airport Evacuated Due to Fire
- Multiple Traffic Lights in Mississauga are Out
- Over 3,000 Homes and Businesses Without Power in Mississauga Following Power Outage